Seven AREVA Projects Selected as Finalists for Platts Global Energy Awards
Seven AREVA projects in five categories advanced to the next stage as ‘Finalists’ in the 2012 Platts Global Energy Awards competition. The Categories include Engineering, Construction, Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainable Innovation, and Green Energy.
“We are pleased that so many AREVA projects and initiatives were recognized,” stated Michael Rencheck, President and CEO of AREVA, Inc. “The fact that these projects represent multiple aspects of our business, reflects not only technical capability and highlights the synergy of our nuclear and renewables portfolio, but also underscores AREVA’s successes in being a good corporate citizen and partner.”
Finalists were chosen from a list of over 200 nominations, based on their performance for each category’s criteria within the designated time frame. Over the past 13 years the Global Energy Awards have honored and recognized those who have transcended the status quo in the name of excellence in leadership, innovation and performance in the energy industry. Winners of the 2012 Global Energy Awards will be announced on November 29, 2012.
The AREVA projects recognized as ‘Finalists’ for the 2012 Platts Global Energy Awards are:
- Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant Mini Inside Diameter Temper Bead (IDTB) Welding — in partnership with Constellation Energy Nuclear Group
- Filtered Containment Venting System (FCVS) for Cernavoda Plant
- Transnuclear Salt Inspection Tooling for Dry Shielded Canisters in Marine Environments
- U.S. Technical Center
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Dialogue & Stakeholder Engagement
Sustainable Innovation Category
- AREVA’s Greenergy Box™ (GeB) Hydrogen Energy System
Green Energy Supplier